by b2tw |
March 10, 2011 · 12:58 PM
Last month, we announced an overdue launch party for B2TW. It’s happening on March 23, at Double Double Land; $5 will get you in the door. And now we can reveal the interesting locals who’ll be meeting for the first time onstage:
* Ryan Kamstra and Alex Lukashevsky will talk about writing songs not like a man.
* Jon McCurley and Michael McManus will talk about acting.
* Shary Boyle and Jordan Tannahill will talk about fantasy lands (on Earth or elsewhere).
All this plus drinks, chatting, dancing (courtesy of DJ Daniel Vila) and five-minute choreographic lessons from Amelia Ehrhardt. (Topics, lines and motives of conversation are up to you.) Chris will be the host, but what will our 100,000th word be? Come and find out!
Filed under carl wilson, chris randle, events, margaux williamson
Tagged as 100 000th word, actors?, Amelia Ehrhardt, fantasy lands wherever, Jon McCurley, michael mcmanus, Party, ryan kamstra, Shary Boyle, Strangers in the Night, teach me how to boogie, unwriting, you wouldn't be able to do these awful things to us if we weren't still in this chair
by b2tw |
February 10, 2011 · 5:06 PM
When Chris, Margaux and Carl started Back to the World last summer, we talked about having a launch party but were too busy launching the site actually to do it.
Now there are nearly 100,000 words on this damn thing and it seems like about time to have a party. We’ve calculated that 100,000th word (to be announced!) will arrive somewhere around March 23, so that’s when we’re having our little mixer, at our spiritual second home, Double Double Land, down the alley at 209 Augusta Ave. in Toronto.
Please come! It’s only $5. Doors at 8:30, eventful stuff at about 9, hangs after that. The roster of activities will include:
* On-stage words between interesting Torontonians (human names to be announced) who we think should meet and discuss something. (They may or may not be “famous.”)
* Off-stage words among interesting Torontonians, including you. (You may or may not be “famous.”)
* Also offstage: drinks and dancing led by DJ Daniel Vila. Sing along if you know the words.
* Informal dance-floor dance lessons from Chris’s “Teach Me How to Boogie” dialogue partner, choreographer Amelia Ehrhardt. Words not necessary.
What will our 100,000th word be? We hope it’s as good as James Joyce’s.
PS – March 23 is also Joan Crawford’s birthday!